The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My New Home!

Ok folks...some big news over here! A couple of week ago, I had stopped into this adorable candy store in Oak Harbor to get some chocolate rocks for a cake I was doing. The owner was so nice and sad that she would call me when they came in. When she called me the other day...I put myself out there and asked her if I could show her my work with cakes and cupcakes. I stopped by today and guess what? I am now going to be under contract for Popsies with cakes. I get my very own display in the store and we are both hoping that our businesses will cross promote each other. I have never been so excited and terrified at the same time! I'm sure business will be slow, but it's a start and a great one at that! I feel so excited to be "under contract". For the stay at home Mommy, that is pretty darn exciting!! And as hokey as it may sound...this is a little bit of a dream come true. Commercial space and a great venue for creativity! I can't wait to get started!!

5 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

How cute! It looks so quaint and inviting! That is such exciting news. You are seriously big time.

Stofam said...

Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited for you!!

Becky Sher said...

I wouldn't be so sure that business will be slow. Be prepared for the onslaught!!

Willcox Family said...

This is the best news I have heard all year!! That is so exciting!!!! I have always thought you should start a little buisness and now you have. I will be sure to pass it onto some of my Navy friends that are still in town. Maybe this will help get things going!! CONGRATS!!! Still miss you guys back in Washington.

Celeste said...

I agree with what's already been said, you have a gift and I don't think you'll have to worry about NOT getting any business--probably just the opposite! If you can find a way to ship cakes cross-country, I've got a few people who would be all over that! :) Good luck!