The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Bacon makes everything better

WARNING: The following post contains a completely unorthodox use of bacon. Reader discretion advised as this may cause an intense need to break the rules!!! So last week I came across this idea to put bacon in a cinnamon roll. I had been craving them for a while and decided to treat myself since it was Friday night. All you do is cook up some bacon to your liking. Don't overcook it, leave a little cook time for when it's inside the cinnamon roll. Then take any canned cinnamon roll ( I used the Cinnabon grands from Pilsbury) and then unroll each individual pastry. Lay the bacon down onto the strips and roll it back up. Put it in a lightly greased baking sheet and in about 20 minutes...the rest is history. Definitely not an everyday thing...but sooooo good!




Taste tested by tough critics, too!

2 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

Yum! I would never think to do this, but it looks delicious!.

Trina said...

That's my kind of risk-taking, sister. Brilliant!