The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Welcome Home!





Well Ned is finally home! YAY! I know...he was only gone a couple of months this time. But wow, what a year or so we've had. He's been gone most of the past 15 months and during that time, I've moved, dealt with a pregnancy, had a baby and "recovered" from said baby all by myself. I'm tired and I'm just GLAD to have Ned all to myself for a little while. We picked him up on Wednesday, and celebrated our Christmas on Friday. The kids had a great time. I will post pictures of our festivities tomorrow. But for now, the only pictures I have on my computer is from Ned's welcome home cake. There's nothing that shouts home like a white picket fence and a vegetable garden, right? The back of the cake had a tree (yes, those are apples on the tree...) with our initials carved into the trunk. Because still I get butterflies when I see Ned...it's true what they say. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And it doesn't hurt that he's so good lookin'.

2 comments:

Willcox Family said...

Yay for Ned being home! I have to say I think this cake is my favorite so far. I love the details with the vegetables and clothes. You are amazing!

Trina said...

That cake is so adorable - the idea of the picket fence and the apple tree with the intials... Wow. Genius!