The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Glow little glow-worm...

So I remember my last post saying something to the effect of "could it get ANY worse than the stomach flu..." Answer: YES. Yesterday Raegan had an appt for her blillirubin levels to be taken. Both Tatum and Carson were jaundiced at birth and I expected to have to deal with it in some form or fashion. It turns out her levels were dangerously high. So they have her under the bank lights to bring them down. The medical supply company dropped by the equipment last night and I got her started. I was ok with the whole thing until he told me that I had to stay awake with her while she was on it because of the blinders. I was ok with that until he said it needed to be 24 hours a day or she would most likely be in the hospital by today. So I stayed up with her all last night and rubbed her tummy, held her little hand and tried to comfort her as best as I could. I think it's harder for me than it is for her at this point. The good news is that her levels decreased by 5 points overnight! The DR was astounded and said he has rarely seen any baby make that kind of progress overnight. I am so grateful for answered prayers!! Raegan is still on the lights for the next day, but the DR said I could take a nice 4-5 hour break at night to get some sleep. Sleep...what was that again??










1 comments:

Sarah Harrington said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! What a tough thing to go through with the bili lights. You are such a trooper. Have a safe drive home. And CONGRATULATIONS!!