The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Did you know...

So here's a cute idea. I recently found out that you can bake a cupcake in an ice cream cone. I don't know why this hadn't occured to me before. Thanks, Sarah for the AWESOME cupcake cookbook! I am probably more excited about these little things than I should be...LOL. Anyway, for Valentines Day the kids and I made malt shop ice cream cones. I took a yellow cake mix and added some additional malt powder and crushed Whoppers. I also added malt powder to the frosting and I used a chocolate cereal straw and a strawberry Whopper for a cute finishing touch. Anyway, the kids had a great time eating them. And what would be Valentines day without some form of chocolate, right? My hubby was gone this year, so hey...I am not going to feel guilty about eating a cupcake!

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

The kids LOVED them, by the way!!!! You are awesome!!!

Sarah Harrington said...

So glad you had fun with it. Enjoy the book!