The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Wow, I did not fully realize how much I depended on the Internet until I was without it for a week. If Ned was not deployed, it would have been ok. But when the only form of communication you have with your spouse is through email, a week can seem like a long time! Fortunately I could check my messages at friends' houses. Anyway, now that the computer is up and running I thought I'd just do a quick update for anyone who is interested.

We MOVED! I still cannot believe I pulled it off. I was by some miracle able to pack up the house, coordinate the move, and deal with all the after-move inspections and stresses. The move went so smoothly. Everything was in a box and ready to go when the guys from Church showed up. So many people from church came to help me move and it was so appreciated. It makes me want to be more supportive of Ned if he is needed to serve someone because we all truly depend on one another.

The new house is AWESOME! I love it, love it, love it. Having a fourth bedroom is a lot of extra space. Although, we haven't added the new baby yet. But even once the new baby arrives, we will have plenty of space and it won't seem cramped at all. The kids love the new place and have had fun running and staking claim on certain parts of the house. I owe my friend, Amy, a HUGE thanks. She came over last week a few times and helped me un-pack and re-arrange some furniture so I didn't feel like such a gypsy until Ned gets home. Also, thanks to Cassia for helping with my computer and getting it taken apart and put back together again.

It is humbling to realize just how many people that I have in my life who are willing and able to help me in a time of need. This deployment has been met with massive obstacles. But I've somehow managed to get past each of them and come out stronger. I am grateful to have not been so violently ill with this pregnancy that I have been able to meet other goals. And be a good Mom to Tatum and Carson. I am constantly amazed at Grace and I'm so excited to enter into this new chapter in our family.

I have my ultrasound next week and I'm excited to possibly find out what we're having. I will have updates and pictures coming soon, but I'm still kind of taking a breath from all of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that everything went really well. Moving can be really stressful. Let us know how the ultrasound goes. :)

Stofam said...

Yea!!! Im so happy that all went well and that you pulled off that move! My compliments to you and your abilities!