The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, September 26, 2008

A rainbow to remember...


Boy, where do I start. The past 3 weeks have been really difficult for our family. A while back, I posted about Ned's headaches and pains. Guess what...they STILL are going on. He has been to several different doctors over the past week and a half. All of them are running tests and we are waiting to find out the results on Monday. Without going into to too much detail, he is having a lot of liver problems that are contributing to his symptoms. It's not looking good and we are hoping for some really good news at this point. Anyway...the whole point to this post is this: yesterday I was coming back from the store with the kids and saw the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen in my life. It wasn't this rainbow pictured, but it was even MORE gorgeous. Yoou could see perfectly both ends to the rainbow and no clouds were covering any of it up. Plus, it was really wide and the colors were so bright. It was breathtaking. In that moment, I got a comforting feeling and I was reminded of our Heavenly Father's love for us. Is life always perfect? No. Do bad things happen to good people? Yes! But in our trials we must somehow look to find the good and experience joy within ourselves. It is up to us to keep going. It's easy to get sidetracked and I'm grateful for the reminders! We could really use everyone's prayers this weekend- it's been really difficult to just "sit and wait". But we're just trying to hang in there! We'll post some news when we know anything!

1 comments:

Jake and Alisa said...

I hope Ned gets to feeling better. I will keep him and all of you in my prayers. I didn't know it was that serious with the liver and all. Love you all and miss you!!