The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, March 28, 2008

You know you're in Utah if...

So I've been here in Utah for two weeks now staying with my sister Amy and my in-laws on the weekend. I am fully recovered from the flu which is a huge relief. Next year I will be completely paranoid and carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go. Anyway things here have been going ok. The kids have had a harder time adjusting than I had planned on. Carson, even though he is 16 months is really aware that Ned is gone and he's missing Dad. Tatum has decided that it's now ok to hit, talk back and throw fits on a whim. So I am trying to work out those issues, but these things take time. But since being in Utah I have noticed a couple things that are just odd to me. Now keep in mind, it is possible to be in Utah, but not of Utah. These apply to the latter...The first is, the ladies here wear too much makeup. I know that's a general statement but I mean...what is the deal? The girls here just seem like Barbie dolls half the time. Anyway, maybe I'm just jealous or something, but Ned actually read a study that Salt Lake City has the highest per capita spending on makeup, hair dye and other beauty products. I am not suprised. Anyway, the other thing is I am now feeling like a complete failure for only having two kids. Today my sister's friend dropped by to pick up supplies for her son's "Superman" birthday cake. This woman had four children under the age of 5. I repeat, under the age of 5. Let's give that lady a medal or something because I am barely hanging on with my two! And please, don't get me started on Utah drivers. Not only am I being honked at on the interstate for going the snail's pace of, oh...85 miles an hour...these folks are crazy! I think the state of Utah should conduct MANDATORY tests for color blindness. I am certain that the drivers here are mistaking the color Yellow for Green, and Green for Red because Red can be Green if they want it to. Wow. I am amazed. Anyway, aside from the quirks of this place it's nice to be around lots of family and friends and get my mind off of how much I am missing my sweetheart. I will have lots of pictures fromt he weekend up by Sunday. Miss you all!

0 comments: