The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!

We had Carson's birthday party yesterday. It was a lot of fun. First of all, I was sooooo burnt out on cakes that I just couldn't pull off my plan for his birthday cake. I had wanted to do a track with some molded race cars and this whole thing. So I had him pick out a simple Wilton pan and I did the best I could. Sorry...butter cream just isn't my thing. It's so hard to work with and It just isn't the same. BUT it tasted delicious. Just a tip for anyone out there who cares...next time you're making a cake from a mix...add milk instead of the water. It will be moister and a little richer, too. Anyway, I am mad that I didn't get a picture of it, but we had this really fun ice cream sundae bar with like 15 toppings and the kids all made their own sundae. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that we have such wonderful friends who could share this day with us.





















2 comments:

Stofam said...

Happy birthday Carson!! Looks like he had fun

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday cute boy! Hope you had a great day! Love you guys!