The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Making it count

Today I learned that an old friend of mine passed away after a very short battle with Leukemia. She had 4 children under the age of 5. When she was pregnant with her fourth child, her cancer was discovered. She leaves behind a loving husband, four sweet children and too many friends and family to count. She had such a positive attitude and even throughout her radiation and chemo treatments she stayed upbeat and optimistic. Today I'm reminded that life is painfully fragile. That anything can happen at any moment. It makes me want to do better. To be a better mother. To be the best wife that I can be. Today I want to set a goal and achieve it. Today I need to remember that all life is precious. It is ironic that Annie's life ended so shortly after giving life to her little baby boy, Matthew. She loved being a mother and loved her children dearly. I know that the world is a better place for her being a part of it. I will be a better person for knowing her, and knowing her story. Till we meet again, Annie. We love you.

2 comments:

beckster said...

I know, Kerstin, I know. It doesn't seem real, does it? It seems so unfair for someone to go so young, with so much before her. And I wish that Matthew would grow up with some memory of his mother. But the Lord knows all, I suppose. And Annie is with her dad again. That must be wonderful.

Aimee said...

This may sound weird, but it always fascinates me the trials Heavenly Father gives to us. He has so much faith in us.

Still though, I am sorry to hear about your friend. Life certainly is precious.