The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend...

Saturday we had to drive to Renton to pick up our plates from our Mini Van we bought a month ago. Anyway, it was two hours away and while we were there we decided to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe. It was a blast. The kids had a great time!! I am really sad that I didn't bring our camera. We got great seats right by the waterfall and it was so nice to have the kids entertained during a dinner out!










Ok, don't laugh. This was my first attempt at a buttercream cake. Wow, kind of scary I know. I wanted to do a special Easter cake this year. But I have felt so bad lately that I can't let the kids help with my fondant cakes. So we tried doing this bunny cake so the kids could help me. Carson did a lot of the coconut around the sides and Tatum helped me do the piping on the bunny. I did make the Easter eggs out of some leftover fondant. I'm sorry...but doesn't fondant just look so much nicer? It's so much easier to work with. It just doesn't taste very good. Oh well.








Decorating some eggs!





















There were a lot of tears Easter morning from Tatum. I think she had just gotten to sleep way too late the night before. She woke up at 6 AM and decided to conduct her own, private egg hunt. She burst into our room with her basket and eggs and was really sad when we re-hid them again so Carson could have a turn, too!








I decided not to get Tatum and Easter outfit this year. She has a lot of dresses already and just didn't need one. But she still wore a pretty dress to church! I did get Carson an outfit because he really needed one.

































My cute kiddies! Lately whenever I have tried to take a picture of the kids together, Tatum kind of grabs hold of Carson in a headlock...but I think it's still a cute picture.











We ended the day with a nice Easter dinner. I just LOVE getting the china out and making big meals for lots of people. We were lucky enough to have our friends Amy and Dianna over along with thier children. We miss you Paul and Dave!












0 comments: