The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bad Crayola Kharma


So wouldn't it be my luck... Less than 24 hours after I post the following: "I love being a homemaker. Laundry is fun" and so-on- I open the dryer to discover in absolute horror that a purple crayon had found its way into the laundry. The entire load was splotched as if a purple cow had recently taken refuge among my whites. Yeah, you heard it right...my WHITES! I was furious. Not only was the laundry ruined, but my dryer was encrusted with it everywhere. I was in total despair. I did some research online and decided to first try apple cider vinegar with and entire box of baking soda. No luck. I then went to the store and spent 20 bucks on every last laundry agent I could find. Every site I found said to use Borax in combination with another product and that seemed to help a little bit. I finally resorted to using Rit color remover/dye remover and it seemed to help get about 80% of the color out. So it's still a work in progress. My sweet husband cleaned out the dryer for me when he got home from work today. I wanted to take a picture of it, but didn't get to do it in time. Anyway the moral of the story is simply this: Don't blog about liking something or say that you're satisfied about a household chore. It will come back to haunt you.

0 comments: