The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, July 21, 2008

"weight" and see...

Ever since Ned's schedule has temporarily switched, I have been kind of lazy with working out. I'm not getting very much sleep and the kids are running me down lately with all of our weekend trips and so on. So this morning, we all went to run the sea-view trail this morning and I stepped on the scale at the base. YIKES....I have gained 6 pounds since we left for CA. 6 POUNDS! How did that happen?? This is where I get annoyed with my metabolism because..no I haven't been working out twice a day, but I also haven't been lying on the couch eating bon-bons all day. So this morning I'm turning over a new leaf and getting back in the game. I walked one mile with the kids and ran two so hopefully in a couple weeks it will be like this whole 6 pound thing never happened. I just get so frusturated sometimes when it seems like my whole life is revolved around losing weight. And then I take two tiny weeks off and actually think about something else for a change and what do you know...I have to lose more weight to be back where I left off. Oh well, I guess it's not supposed to be that easy!

2 comments:

Stofam said...

Hey! Im cool with partying like it's 1999! At least it's a year I can remember! And dont worry about the whole weight thing. You still look amazing and you put me to shame! Love ya!

m and a said...

I think you look great too. My scale broke, I'm ready to throw it away. It's not the pounds that matter anyway, as long as you feel good.

PS I tagged you, see my blog.