The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My first attempt...


Ok, so I have been running all week trying to gear up for my first attempt at the PRT. So this afternoon we headed out to the track on base. There is a playground right by it so the kids could play and Ned could time me. I was nervous because I hadn't run a mile and a half yet in the week. I didn't want to look like a total DORK in front of my hubby. Let alone anyone else who was on the track. Luckily we were the only ones there today. So I ran it and didn't stop the entire time!!! I came in a little over 18 minutes. So I have about 3 minutes to shave off until I pass. But the good thing was that I kept the same pace for all of the laps, which is something I've been trying to work on. So all in all, today was a great personal high for me. I never thought that I would be able to just up and run 1.5 miles and live to tell about it. So now I will be heading over to the track at least once a week to time myself. Fun!

2 comments:

Stofam said...

Yea you!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Miriam Lusk said...

Way to go! You can totally do it!