The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I heart K-Mart!


Ok, for those of you who really know me, it's already been established that I'm insane. So I don't have to feel guilty for posting about my obbsessions...right? If you have better things to do than read my ramblings, I won't be offended if you navigate away from my page! LOL. Well anyway as most of you know I find the most amazing deals at my K-mart. (First of all, please note that Whidbey Island has two stores, so my options are limited to start with!) Tonight I did an inventory of my toys that I've purchased over the past 6 months and it is $1,300.00 worth of merchandise. How much did I pay for said merchandise you ask? I paid just over $200.00 for everything. I still can't believe that everything added up to $1,300.00. I mean, that is an insane amount and I'd never in a million-billion years spend that kind of money on gifts! I have Christmas and birthday presents for the kids, plus all the Christmas gifts for Cousins and extended family plus the gifts for our sibling exchanges on both sides of the family. Not bad for 200 bucks, if I do say so myself! The best part is that nearly all of my toys this year are name brand. Like a ton of Dora and Diego stuff, Fisher Price, Thomas the Train, and Leapster items. It's a big blessing for us, because Ned's birthday is October 15th, followed by my birthday on the 16th and Tatum's is on the 17th! Then Carson's birthday is Dec. 10th... and then we have Christmas. So it can be expensive getting nice toys for the kids. I am a firm believer that toys don't make Christmas, but if I can get them at such a good price, it's a nice touch. Anyway, this post was totally random, but thanks for indulging me! Brianne and Sheree...we have to get our K-Mart on when you come up next week! Yay for clearance!

1 comments:

Stofam said...

Im ready as long as we wait for payday when I have the money to spend!! Can't wait to see you in just a few days!!!