The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, June 9, 2008

I heart Whidbey Island

The past few weeks here have been an absolute whirlwind. Ned's been busy with his command and scouting...I have been catching up on church callings and getting the house organized after such a long time away. But things are finally starting to slow down and it's hitting me that we will be in Whidbey Island for at the minimum of four more years. Every day I live here, I fall more and more in love with this place. I'm so excited to be here and finally feel settled...not having to worry about the next pack-out and moving. Here are some things I love about Whidbey...

It never gets about 70 degrees, even in the dead of Summer. In fact, it's still coat weather here and we're still running the heat. Such a welcome change from the hummidity of Connecticut.

There is always somewhere to go and view nature...being an island there is a beach everywhere you look. I love the water.

I love the rain. Rain, rain and more rain....

The berries growing everywhere in the Summer, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries. It's such a blast picking them with the kids and making jam and pies and everything. So fun. And best of all...FREE!

The Air community here is so awesome. The Navy base out here is huge and Tatum's soon to be Elementary school is about 98% military.

Anyway, I could truly go on and on, but in a nutshell I'm excited to call this beautiful place home for a few more years!

0 comments: