The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Someday I'll laugh at this...

So this picture basicly sums up my life and how I feel 80% of the time. It's not that I don't love being a mom. I do! However, most of the time I'm simply trying to survive....especially when Ned is gone. (which by the way, he's still not back!) Anyway today I was outside with my kids and noticed that Tatum needed some sunscreen. So I went inside Amy's house and in the 30 seconds I was gone, Carson felt the need to jump in the kiddie pool. Keep in mind it was noly about 3 inches of water. But it was enough to soak his clothes. I shrugged it off, knowing I had been careless. Even though my borther in law was outside too, it's just not the same as mom's hawk eyes. Ok, so now I've got Carson out of his sopping wet clothes and reach for a swim diaper. Carson slips out of my grasp and in that 10 seconds, he climbs in again. Gross, because this time his diaper gets soaked. Thanks Carson. Ok, so I have Carson in his swim diaper, sunscreen, sandals...good to go. He plays for a while and then I get him dressed to go inside. Tatum asks me for one little thing outside and I turn around fr not even 5 seconds. Yeah, you guessed it...he went in the pool again with all of his nice clothes, freshly changed AGAIN. I can't figure out if I'm slow of Carson is fast. It's probably a combination. Hopefully I'll get to that point in Motherhood where I don't feel like I need to be five places at once. Does that feeling ever go away? I hope so, but in the meantime, thank goodness for dryers!

0 comments: