The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Some shout outs!

The plane is landing...Ned has made it home safely! I hate not being able to really talk about it until the plane has landed, but I guess it's for good reasons. The whole thing was crazy, because he would write and say were coming home early, then write and say he wasn't for about a week. It was stressful! But now that he's in Seattle, he's catching a flight to Salt Lake tomorrow night for a week of leave and then we'll head home. I have really missed Whidbey Island. It's crazy how you can move around often but no matter where you are, home truly is where the heart is. All I need is my family together to feel like it's home. I can't wait! Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. It's always appreciated. This deployment has been especially hard one me for a lot of reasons and I wouldn't have made it without you guys! Ok, so I usually try not to name drop, but I thought since this whole expereience is (mostly) over I'd give some some shout outs to some friends that have really helped me!

I apologize in advance for the sappiness

Breanne- Thanks for always calling and checking up on us. You're amazing....I love you girl!

Sheree- I'm so glad that we share wedding anniversaries! I know I'll always have a shoulder to cry on if Ned's away. Thanks for always being there.

Lorraine- Phone tag or not, you are one of my dearest friends. I can't believe we've been pals since the fifth grade, but your concern for me and my kids is overwhelming. Thanks for never giving up on me!

And for the many Amy's in my life...

Amy E.- Thanks for helping me in my weight loss journey. I have you to thank for sticking with it and not giving up! Also, just thanks for being a great friend no matter where I am in the country!

Aimee- Hey lady! Thanks for understanding me even when our situations are different. I'm so glad that we've stayed in touch since college and that you've let me into your life!

Amy- The best sister ever! Thanks for letting me crash at your place for a while, thanks for coming to help me when I had the flu! Thanks for all your help with the kids and for giving me a break once in a while! Thanks for always listening to me!

And to the best in-law's in the world- Thanks for treating me like a daughter. Thanks for loving my kids and helping me! Thanks for helping me stay close to Ned even when he's far away with your stories and pictures of him!

And last but certainly not least,
To NED! You are my best friend forever. You keep me going even when you're deployed and we don't get a lot of time to talk. You make me want to be a better person, you make me smile no matter what. Thanks for just being you!

1 comments:

The Meyers Family said...

Thank ya sweetheart I love you too. Call me though I miss you.