The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

You know you want one...

I have recently decided to abolish cake mixes in my house. I figured since I'm soon getting paid for most of my stuff....the customer deserves a little better than a mix. This was intimidating seeing as how the two times I have attempted a homemade cake from scratch were not tasty. I did some research and decided to try a recipe. All I can say is....W-O-W. Sadly, I cannot divulge said recipe. Because if I did...than why would you need me to make you cupcakes?? However, if you live far away and are out of cupcake range...I will consider sharing it. : ) But joking aside...these cupcakes were AWESOME. So super moist. So chocolatey without being too overpowering. I made a mint buttercream and I felt it complimented it nicely. And yes...don't worry...I shared them. I only eat like one cupcake when I make them. The rest I had to find good homes for. Don't worry. They were well taken care of.










2 comments:

Patty and Kevin said...

I wish we lived closer so we could help provide good homes for your lovely baked and decorated goods! If you are serious about sharing the recipe with those who live far away... I would love to try them!

Trina said...

Yes I DO want one... YUM. Chocolate and mint are one of my favorite combinations. And from scratch? I'm not worthy! Anytime your cupcakes need a home, they are welcome here in the Burdge Mental Institution... The inmates would be very grateful.