The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have been a little delayed in my Thanksgiving post. I'm not going to lie...this year has been probably one of the most challenging we've ever had. Ned has been deployed 10 out of the past 14 months. This was actually his 3rd consecutive Thanksgiving away from us. But no matter the distance, no matter the length of time...we are a forever family and for that I'm grateful. Here's just a couple things that I'm thankful for this year:

My life in general. A friend recently passed away and it has made me so aware that just waking up everyday and getting to experience life is precious.

My sweet, sweet children. I love to see them smile, I love to hear them laugh. I love love LOVE baby Raegan's sweet presence in our home. It is so wonderful to be a guardian over these little ones.

My wonderful husband who is kind, gentle and good.

My absolutely amazing friends both near and afar. I could not make it without their love and support

My sister, Amy and her husband Scott. They opened their home to me so that I could have Raegan in Utah and get the help that I needed. I don't know that they will ever understand how much that meant to me.

My country. Since we have become a military family, I am appreciating all those who have served this nation and especially those who have given Their lives for it. I just can't imagine it. You read and hear about all the Soldiers and Sailors who perished in various Wars (including the 2 we are in right now) and it is just humbling. Those people were real people. Their lives were real and they were just ordinary people. They had a favorite food. A favorite color. And yet in whatever circumstance, their life ended serving and protecting us. I know that our country has conflict and issues. But it's full of a lot of people who are willing and waiting to do the right thing and that is something I'm truly, truly grateful for.


And now for my list of things that I just LOVE

Warm Pajamas
Satellite phone calls from my sweetie
Fondant
My new scarf I got for my birthday
Hugs from Tatum
Kisses from Carson
Snuggles from Raegan
Cupcakes

Well the list goes on and on...but those were a couple of things on my mind. I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I look forward to hopefully spending next Thanksgiving with Ned but I am truly grateful for all that I have.

0 comments: