The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

These are a few of my favorite things. (And this is just from today!)












It's been a busy day! To explain, the donuts are famous donuts from VOODOO donuts in Portland, OR. Ned and I saw "donut paradise" on the travel channel and it spotlighted this donut shop. They had all these crazy flavor. What would you know, some friends of ours went to Portland this week and brought us back a sample! Maple bacon bar. Believe it. And yes, it was AWESOME. The other one was a fruit loop one. Yummy as well. But what made it one my favorite things was not the donut, but just the fact that it was on TV and it's like a piece of history. Yes, I am that hokey. Then lastly, I started working on my Brother-in-law's wedding cake. I still have a whole other layer to do on the bottom, ribbon, piping...a lot more work. But I think it's off to a great start. I also attended a little discussion on managing and reducing stress. Always good advice I need. What a great day.


0 comments: