The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back on the wagon...


Well it's about that time. Again. Time to lose the baby weight. I've finally realized something about me. I tend to not gain that much weight when I'm pregnant. It's after the baby is born. I mean it makes sense. I'm not throwing up anymore. I'm tired and up all night and eating lots of carbs to keep going, and mostly, I'm just too busy loving on my new baby to really "think" about what I'm eating. So what happens is I have 15 pounds of baby weight to lose and then within 2 months I gain 10 pounds and it turns to 25 pounds to lose. I was determined that this wouldn't happen with baby #3. I have worked too hard to get where I was to throw it all away in 8 weeks. So at 5 weeks postpartum I started back up with things. I have bee doing P90X and it's been going great. Hard work, but definitely worth it. Also I'm eating on the diabetic carb exchange. Which is 2 carb servings for breakfast, 1 for a snack, 3 for lunch, 1 for a snack, 3-4 for dinner and 1 for a snack before bed. A carb serving equals 15 grams of carbs. This is the "diet" (HATE THAT WORD but you know what I mean) that diabetics stay on to control carb intake, empty sugars and keep your blood sugar stable throughout the day. It is basically the food pyramid and super effective and losing excess weight and just feeling really good all day long. Hopefully I will see some results shortly. My brother-in law is getting married mid October and my goal is 15 pounds by then. I am only 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weigh right now. But unfortunately I gained a little right before I got pregnant. So here's to hard work! I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: