The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

A long overdue update...

A couple of days after Ned returned home from his last deployment, we learned that he would be out to sea when this baby is due. It goes without saying, I was and still am disappointed. Having a baby without my husband (with a four year old and a two year old to take care over still) is not my idea of an ideal situation. For security reasons, I haven't been able to say much about it, especially on my blog. So it's been hard dealing with this huge change and not being about to talk about it it. I went back and forth on a lot of different options. At the last minute, I just decided to go to Utah and crash with my sister and stay here until the baby comes. I will be heading home 10 days after having the baby. So now I'm here and I'm feeling pretty good about the decision. The kids are having a great time playing outside with cousins and enjoying the sunshine. I've met my new Dr. and he's very nice. Fortunately my insurance will let me have the baby anywhere I want for 25 bucks. Other than that, we don't pay a dime for medical bills, which makes the military very beneficial. I'm glad that everything came together. Saying goodbye to Ned was really hard. It scares me that the next time we see each other, we will have a new little baby to love and care for. I pray that everything goes ok and that Ned will be alright during this ordeal. I so appreciate his love and support regardless of where he is in the world. I am so glad that when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window. I'm feeling blessed and comforted that a window or two has opened up for our family.

0 comments: