The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Mother's Day!

So this story is a little long...but it's a funny one. As you all know, I love to entertain. It's one of my favorite things to do. I had originally planned on making an edible fruit arrangement for Mother's Day dinner. I didn't have enough time to do it on Saturday, so Ned offered to be in charge of dessert. I suggested we just have brownie sundaes. Anyway, took the kids over to a friend's house to babysit her kids while she and her husband went to dinner and a movie. After returning home at 10 pm I went straight to the freezer and noticed there was no ice cream. I asked Ned if he got the ice cream and he just kind of looked at me and said that he'd forgotten and it had been a "hard day". A hard day? Really? Anyway I am a little embarrassed to say that I actually was so annoyed and confused that I slept on the couch Saturday night. When I woke up on Mother's Day, Tatum was so excited to give me her gift...it was an ice cream maker. Ned told me the rest of my present was in the garage fridge. There was whipping cream, ice, rock salt and toppings for ice cream. I was so surprised that he thought of the idea and made sure he got everything to make it. He had to work yesterday morning before church, so it was such a fun thing to do with the kids while we waited for him to get home. What a great Mother's Day sup rise! Looking back, I feel really petty for being so annoyed about ice cream to begin with. But Ned knew that I would be really ticked which I suppose was half the fun of it all. Anyway, thanks Ned, Tatum and Carson for a great day. I love you and am grateful to be a mommy!



1 comments:

Aimee said...

AWW!!! That's a GREAT story!!!! What an amazing hubby! lol.

Happy (late) Mother's Day!!