The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The thrill of the hunt...

I don't know what it is, but when I'm working on a cake project...I go into crazy mode. I eat, sleep, breathe cake. Cake ideas, cake pictures, cake this, cake that. There should really be a support group for people like me. I'm so excited because I have not only one but TWO cakes coming up. I am doing a friend's Bridal Shower cake and Wedding cake in the next few weeks. I think the thing that I love about decorating a cake is that it just allows me to be creative and make something from nothing. Usually my days are so routine, and it's a nice break from the ordinary. Anyway, the other thing I love about it is the thrill of the hunt. Finding that perfect thing that will make the cake special. I am so excited because I was at a party store today and found this adorable ring holder with a fun ring inside. (Totally fake, but still cute...) Anyway I am so stoked to use it as a cake topper. I mean, ladies...let's face it. When you're engaged it's so fabulous. You finally can say..."hey, it's MY turn to get the ring, the guy, the fairy tale!" So I'm excited to do this cake and contribute to the fairytale even if it's in such a small way. Pictures to follow...BTW...what do you think of the topper? Is it too cute, or is it just me?

0 comments: