The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Back home again in Indiana


Early Sunday morning I'm flying back to Indiana with the kids. We're not staying long, just a week. It was kind of a last minute thing. I was just hanging out with Ned a couple of weeks ago and I just decided it was time to go back. Indiana has a lot of memories for me. The hard thing about going to Indiana is this...I lived in West Lafayette from age 10-17. It's where I consider home and most of my old friends are from. I was one of those unlucky kids that had to move my Senior Year in high school. Anyway it's just hard because my parents have moved TWICE now since W/L and they are several hours away. So when I spend the money and take the time to come out to Indiana, I don't get to see my old friends, and my old stomping ground without it being a big ordeal. It also makes me feel bad that Ned and I will be moving around a lot with the Navy and I'm doing the same thing to Tatum and Carson. But moving is good for you and forces you to grow. I always try to live by the phrase..."In every life a little rain must fall...but bloom where you are planted". It's been a work in progress...But such is life. Anyway...hopefully the kids will have a good time swimming and playing with the animals. I, for one, am looking forward to a week off from just the day-to-day routine. So look for pictures to come soon. And hopefully the kids will do well on the plane. Hopefully.

1 comments:

Jake and Alisa said...

Have fun!! We miss you guys so much!!!