The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Friday, January 11, 2008

My Neddie


~~~~~~


All about us (Ok, mainly Ned...)


Name: Edward Probyn James IV


How long have we been married: 6 years on March 2nd


Who eats more: That's hard to say, because I eat a bigger lunch and Ned eats a bigger dinner. I'd say it all evens out.


Where was our first date: Technically, Ned flew in from AZ to meet up with me in Indiana. We did a ton of fun stuff our first weekend together. The most memorable of which was we painted plates for one another at a pottery store. Kind of cheesy, but it was really cute.


How old is Ned: He's 28


Who said I Love You first: He did...but the feeling was mutual!


Who is taller: Ned by a landslide. He is 6' 7'' and I'm 6' (Although I like to think of it as 5' 13''


Who sings better: Well, I used to sing when I was younger, but Ned has a WONDERFUL voice. So it's a tie, I'd say.


Who is smarter: It depends what it is. In most cases, it's Neddie. But I have my strong points, too.


Who has the worst temper: Anyone is reads my blog and knows me already knows the answer to this question!


Who does the laundry: I do all of the kids' laundry and my own. Plus I do Ned's civilians. HOWEVER, I don't touch his uniforms. He takes care of all his uniforms and presses them and sews on all of his patches and everything. Yes, fellow military wives...I know I'm a lucky woman.


Who does the dishes: Me, usually. But Ned always clears the table every night!


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: He used to, but then I switched because I was feeding Carson at night and it was closer to the crib.


Who mows the lawn: It Connecticut, Ned used to. Now that we're in a townhome, the Navy-Housing guys take care of that. Thanks, boys!


Who proposed to who: Ned, of course! That was a crazy day. I had flown to AZ to meet his whole family. Ned picked me up from the airport and took me to see the Mesa Temple. He totally popped the question right there on the Temple grounds. It had always been my dream to get engaged at the Temple. How did he know...


Who has more siblings: Ned does. He has 7 and I have 4.


Who wants more kids: We are both happy with two for right now. Afterall, we did get the best two kids around!


My Hubby Brag: I really love Ned more and more everyday that we're together. It has been a crazy 6 years, but a very wonderful journey so far. Ned is so caring and kind. He is such a geniune friend to me and is the best Dad around. It is so rewarding to watch my kids get so happy when he comes home! I know that Navy life is hard, and that he makes a lot of sacrifices for us. I appreciate his love for us, and I recognize all that he does to serve his Country! I am blessed to have him in my life-even when things are crazy! We may not have it all together, but together we have it all! I love you, Ned!


So now it's your turn!




0 comments: