The James Family

A smile happens in a flash...but its memory can last a lifetime.

Saturday, April 26, 2008



"Nothing lasts forever" is a phrase loved by military wives (and husbands!!) everywhere. As Ned deployment S-L-O-W-L-Y inches its way to being over- my heart is filled with gratitude for all military families. I am fortunate to have my husband only gone for about 3-4 months at a time, but there are many family who are dealing with 12-18 month deployments. At the end of this deployment, Ned will have been gone 7 months out of this service year. But I am grateful to him and his service and hard work. There are days where I am tired of feeling like a single mom. Holidays, birthdays and anniversaries don't care if your spouse is deployed...they come and go anyway. When I get down about things I remind myself that throughout the history of this great country many brave men and women have sacrificed thier time, talents and very lives to protect our freedom and endorse the freedoms of others. While we may not all agree with one another on politics, I think it's safe to say we all know these brave Soldiars and Sailors are heros. I am proud to say that I love my Sailor!

0 comments: